Blogging at The Fountain

Learning to be real...

Name:
Location: Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, United States

Stephen Riley - I'm hoping to have more fun in my 40's than I did in my 30's. I need help remembering the constant love of Father God. When I get too busy, I forget. Vivian Cox- I am learning how much the Lord loves me and hoping to share this incredible, grace filled love with others. If you have any questions or comments for me personally please feel free to shoot me an email at vivianbcox@yahoo.com

Wednesday, July 11, 2007

Miracles or Luck?

This is Vivian again... more ramblings from a now 9 months pregnant woman at home waiting for the arrival of our little boy. Through this pregnancy I can't help but think of what a miracle the development of a child is. We recently watched National Geographics "In the Womb" which I highly advise (not for small children) and sat back in complete awe of the details Jesus creates us in. How can someone say we are here by chance? This theory I'll never understand... although I'd love to chat with someone about it to here their side. It is just amazing and beautiful the design of the human body.
This was made even more real to me this past week. I found out that a wonderful friend of mine from TN delivered their son. No big deal right, happens every day... Jakob wasn't due until October though. Born at just 28 weeks, one pound and one ounce, he's hanging on. He is now three days old and breathing 80% on his own. Again... are they just "lucky?" I like to think it is about more than just luck. Where is the peace in that? Although times like these are scary and very unpredictable, I like to believe that we have an amazing Father looking out for us and watching over us - and our little born or unborn babies. I think I'd go crazy in this life without my assurance of Jesus... even though I have a ton of questions... He's a constant when nothing else in this life is. And a constant that doesn't mind our questions.
I like miracles, luck gives me nothing...

1 Comments:

Blogger The Fountain at Philadelphia said...

Your meaningful insight is one of many you will have because of the newly created life that is now apart of you. Thanks for sharing. I can't wait to be an uncle! If that is what you can call me?

9:29 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home